Improving Studentâ€™s Writing Skill through Four-Phase Technique on Accounting Students
Keywords:Four-Phase Technique, Writing Skill, Accounting Students
This research is aimed to find out whether or not the implementation of four-phase technique during studentsâ€™ learning activities. A class of accounting class in Triatma Mulya University is participated as the participant of this research. Â The required data were collected through the use of questionnaire, observation checklist, and writing test. The data from the questionnaire indicated that students had positive attitude toward the implementation of Four-Phase Technique. Four-Phase improves their motivation in learning English and this technique brings more fun to the process of learning. Moreover, it was found from observation data that the students were actively participated during Four-Phase implementation. Finally, the study proved that Four-Phase Technique improved studentsâ€™ writing skill. Studentsâ€™ mean score of writingÂ before implemented this technique was 57.20 Â in the beginning of the study the mean scoreÂ was 72,5 their mean scores improved from 78,94 to Â 84,23.
How to Cite
License and Publishing Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities â€“ tacitly or explicitly â€“ of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and publishing agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Pendidikan Bahasa agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0)Â that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.Â
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.