Implementation of the Ternatenese Language Revitalization Policy as an Identity of North Maluku Culture in Ternate City
Keywords:revitalization, policies, ternatenese, qualitative method, thematic analysis
This study aims to see how the Ternatenese language revitalization policy is implemented in Ternate City, especially 1). To identify what efforts have been and will be carried out by the Municipal Government of Ternate in revitalizing Ternate Language in Ternate City, and 2). To see how Ternatenese language revitalization occurs through Ternatenese teaching and learning in elementary schools in Ternate City. This study used qualitative research and involved 96 (ninety-six) participants, consisting of three (3) related officials, three (3) community leaders, 15 primary school heads, 15 elementary teachers, and 60 elementary students from four sub-districts in Ternate City. (North Ternate, Central Ternate, South Ternate, and Ternate Island. The research participants were selected by applying the purposive sampling technique. Data were collected through face-to-face interviews and relevant documents. The data were analyzed using thematic analysis. Research findings indicate that some Ternatenese language revitalization programs in Ternate City have been and will be carried out by both relevant agencies and schools with several successes, obstacles, and hopes.
How to Cite
License and Publishing Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities â€“ tacitly or explicitly â€“ of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and publishing agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Pendidikan Bahasa agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0)Â that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.Â
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.